Stella has loved helping me in the kitchen lately! She has so much fun cooking and baking with her KitchenHelper Stool. It’s just the right height for her, has sides so it’s super safe and folds up for storage. We made the most delicious Pumpkin Bread this week while Cam napped. Some snapshots of her helping and the recipe are below!
Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cubes of butter, softened (1 cup)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
I substituted 3 drops of Clove, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon Bark YL Essential Oils
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 2 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and sour cream and blend well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the mixture and mix together on low speed.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
- Heat 1/4 of the can of frosting in a microwave safe bowl, drizzle over bread and let cool.
- Cut yourself a slice and enjoy!